School Psychologist Intern
Mid-State Special Education is seeking qualified candidates for the position of School Psychologist Intern. A letter of application and current resume should be sent to Angie Armour, Director, PO Box 46, Morrisonville, IL 62546 or to email@example.com.
Job Summary: Under the general supervision of a licensed school psychologist, the school psychologist intern will provide psychological services, including testing, counseling and consulting to assist in meeting the social, emotional and educational needs of students in regular and special education programs; administer and interpret psychological assessments of students; consult with teachers, administrators, specialists, agency and district personnel and parents; counsel students; contribute to behavior management programs; and perform related duties as assigned in accordance with provisions of the Joint Agreement’s policies and requirements. Supervision and mentoring will be provided by highly qualified licensed school psychologist who stand ready to support and share their expertise with individuals new to the profession.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university in either a Masters or Doctoral School Psychologist Program.
- Experience in pre-referral intervention planning and problem-solving, behavior management strategies, counseling, peer mediation, and parent training are strongly desired
- Understanding and awareness of RTI and inclusionary practices in the field
- Knowledge and application of various assessment models for all children
- Ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory to instructional program in order to write reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, and parents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Reports To: Director of Special Education and Assistant Director of Special Education
Working Conditions: Paid internship for the 2021-2022 school year.
Deadline for Applying: This position will remain open until filled.