Teacher of Visually Impaired
Mid-State Special Education is seeking qualified candidates for Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) opening beginning in the 2021-2022 school year. We serve several counties in central Illinois (Bond, Christian, Fayette, Macoupin, and Montgomery). Full or part-time applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Summary: The Teacher of Visually Impaired Student Teacher will assist existing TVI’s in the Mid-State Special Education Cooperative with caseload management tasks including facilitating program development and services, completing assessments and participating in the IEP process, supporting instruction within the classroom, and assisting in the enhancement of school climate. Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with provisions of the Joint Agreement’s policies and requirements. Supervision and mentoring will be provided by highly experienced TVI’s who stand ready to support and share their expertise with individuals new to the profession.
- Illinois PEL with and Endorsement in Blind or Visually
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to collaborate with school personnel to promote student learning
- Possess a valid driver’s license and maintain automotive insurance coverage as required by IL law
Terms of Employment:
- Full-Time Permanent – 180 Day Position OR Part-Time
- Start Date August 2021 (Summer ESY also available)
- Regionally competitive salary and benefits
How to Apply: Click Here to Apply
Deadline for Applying: This position will remain open until filled.