Deaf/Hard of Hearing Teacher
Mid-State Special Education is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Teacher of Hearing Impaired Student Teacher. A letter of application and current resume should be sent to Angie Armour, Director, PO Box 46, Morrisonville, IL 62546 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Teacher of Hearing Impaired Student Teacher will assist existing THI’s in the Mid-State Special Education Cooperative with caseload management tasks including facilitating program development and services, completing assessments and participating in the IEP process, supporting instruction within the classroom, and assisting in the enhancement of school climate. Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with provisions of the Joint Agreement’s policies and requirements. Supervision and mentoring will be provided by highly experienced THI’s who stand ready to support and share their expertise with individuals new to the profession.
- Must be Certified as per Illinois State Board of Education requirements
- Experience in pre-referral screening and problem-solving, recommending available resources and equipment, assessment and evaluation, facilitating communication between team members, and staff and parent training are strongly desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write and implement Individual Educational Plans (IEPs)
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
Reports To: Director of Special Education and Assistant Director of Special Education
Working Conditions: Student teacher
Deadline for Applying: This position will remain open until filled.