Speech Language Externship
Mid-State Special Education is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Speech Language Externship. A letter of application and current resume should be sent to Angie Armour, Director, PO Box 46, Morrisonville, IL 62546 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: The Speech Language Extern will assist existing SLP’s in the Mid-State Special Education Cooperative with caseload management tasks including facilitating group and individual therapy, completing assessments and participating in the IEP process, supporting instruction within the classroom, and assisting in the enhancement of school climate. Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with provisions of the Joint Agreement’s policies and requirements. Supervision, mentoring, and clinical fellowship hours will be provided by highly experienced SLP’s who stand ready to support and share their expertise with individuals new to the profession.
- Must be Certified as per Illinois State Board of Education requirements
- Experience in pre-referral intervention planning and problem-solving, behavior management strategies, counseling, peer mediation, and parent training are strongly desired
- Must possess thorough ability to provide social skills training to students
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write and implement Individual Educational Plans (IEPs)
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
Reports To: Director of Special Education and Assistant Director of Special Education
Working Conditions: Paid internship.
Deadline for Applying: This position will remain open until filled.