School Social Work Intern
Mid-State Special Education is seeking qualified candidates for the position of School Social Work Intern. A letter of application and current resume should be sent to Angie Armour, Director, PO Box 46, Morrisonville, IL 62546 or to email@example.com.
Job Summary: The Social Work Intern will assist existing school social workers in the Mid-State Special Education Cooperative with caseload management tasks including facilitating groups, completing assessments and participating in the IEP process, supporting instruction within the classroom, developing FBAs and BIPs, and assisting in the enhancement of school climate. Additional duties may be assigned in accordance with provisions of the Joint Agreement’s policies and requirements. Supervision and mentoring will be provided by highly experienced SSW’s and/or LCSW’s who stand ready to support and share their expertise with individuals new to the profession.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university in either a Masters or Doctoral School Social Work Program
- Experience in pre-referral intervention planning and problem-solving, behavior management strategies, counseling, peer mediation, and parent training are strongly desired
- Must possess thorough ability to provide social skills training to students
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to write and implement Individual Educational Plans (IEPs)
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
Reports To: Director of Special Education and Assistant Director of Special Education
Working Conditions: Paid internship for the 2021-2022 school year.
Deadline for Applying: This position will remain open until filled.